Host An Event
Thank you for selecting the Saline Area Social Service as the beneficiary of your event!
We depend on our friends and supporters to help raise funds and spread the word about those in need, right here in our own community. By designating us as the beneficiary of your event, you’re taking a concrete step toward giving our struggling neighbors the food, support and resources they need to make their lives better. Whether your event is big or small, every dollar counts!
- Run a fund drive, can drive, paper products drive or diaper drive at your office, church or with a group of friends.
- Run a promotion at your business, such as giving a percentage of your profits on a particular item or items to Saline Area Social Service.
- Host a dinner party, potluck, or happy hour and ask your guests to donate the amount they would have normally spent at a restaurant.
- Become a food donation site at your workplace.
- Ask friends and family to donate to Saline Area Social Service in lieu of wedding, birthday or holiday gifts. Contact our office at 734-429-4570 for more information.
- Host a garage sale or bake sale and donate all or a percentage of your profits to Saline Area Social Service.
- Designate a day at work with a group of your friends where everyone agrees to donate the amount they would spend on coffee to Saline Area Social Service.
- Create a competition to raise the most food and funds among offices, departments or classes. Offices have offered prizes like free lunch, preferred parking or happy hours to winning teams. School groups’ prizes have included additional recess time, pizza parties or ice cream socials.
- Organize a silent auction or raffle and see if your company, co-workers or friends are able to donate prizes that can be used to solicit donations. Some companies have offered a half or full day off, a priority parking space for a week or other office perks.
- Ask your company to match your gifts. Find out if your company offers a matching gifts program, or if they would be willing to match all donations collected by employees.
If you have any questions, please contact Jamail Aikens at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-429-4570.