Saline Area Social Service appreciates the growing support of the Saline community. With the help of donations, we were able to provide over $150,000 in food and paper product donations to the families we serve last year.
We accept all types of non-perishable food donations. Donations can be dropped off at our office at 224 W. Michigan Ave., Saline, MI 48176.
- Monday, 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday – Thursday, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
WISH LIST ITEMS
- Fresh Fruits/Veggies (if able to deliver on Mondays)
- Canned Fruits (No added sugar)
- Dried Fruit
- Low/no salt canned vegetables
- Low sodium Broth
- Low sodium tomato sauce
- Nuts/seeds (almonds, peanuts, walnuts, sunflower/pumpkin seeds)
- Brown rice
PERSONAL CARE & PAPER PRODUCTS
- Shaving cream
- Bug spray
- Sandwich bags
- Tin foil
- Plastic wrap
- Paper plates
Healthy Breakfast drive: Healthy cereals, oatmeal, granola bars, raisins, etc.
Healthy summer drive: Sunscreen, Band-Aids, healthy snacks
$20 GIFT CARDS FROM THE FOLLOWING BUSINESSES:
- “Fuel Card” from Speedway
- “Fuel Card” from BP
- “Fuel Card” from Mobile
- “Fuel Card” from Sunoco
When buying gift cards from the area gas stations, please request “fuel” gift cards, which restricts the card purchases to gasoline only.
SOME GENERAL GUIDELINES
- Avoid glass items, which can break.
- Avoid perishable items like dairy, meat, chicken, fish, and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Check that items are still within their “Use before” date.
- We can only accept unopened items. We can accept opened packages if the internal packaging is still intact.
- Please only donate items that you would eat.
Questions about donating? Contact us at 734-429-4570.