Saline Area Social Service is a unique agency in that while food assistance is our central focus, we also offer a wide variety of additional services and resources to our clients.
- A weekly food pantry that includes fresh, frozen, canned and boxed goods, diapers, toiletries, laundry detergent and paper products. We also provide special items, like laundry soap, dish soap, shampoo, deodorant and feminine hygiene products to our clients monthly.
- Referrals to government agencies and additional resources that can help our clients with specific needs.
- Limited assistance with rent, energy bills, car repair and prescription co-pays.
- Rent assistance is up to $200 in a 12 month period, in emergency situations only.
- Utility must be in client’s name. Client must be on a budget plan or payment protection plan or have a shut-off notice. In shut-off situation, client must go to Department of Human Services first and get verification of what DHS will pay. SASS can assist with up to $225 in a 12 month period.
- We can assist with co-pays for prescriptions filled at our partner pharmacy (Saline Pharmacy) once the client enrolls in the Washtenaw County Prescription Plan, Medicaid, Medicare Part D, or a private insurance carrier.
- Personal items — such as eyeglasses, backpacks, bicycles, children’s musical instruments and supplies.
- Back-to-School clothing and supplies, including coats and boots.
- Birthday gifts for children under the age of 18.
- The Holiday Meal Program, providing a complete holiday meal for Easter, Thanksgiving,and Christmas.
- Adopt-a-Family Program, which matches our families with generous adopters for gifts during the Christmas season.